Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Bruce Willis, Emily Blunt, Paul Dano, Noah Segan, Piper Perabo, Jeff Daniels, Pierce Gagnon, Qing Xu, Tracie Thoms, Frank Brennan, Garret Dillahunt, Nick Gomez, Marcus Hester, Jon Eyez, Kevin Stillwell, Thirl Haston, James Hebert, Kenneth Brown Jr., Cody Wood, Adam Boyer, Jeff Chase, Ritchie Montgomery, David Jensen, Kamden Beauchamp
In the futuristic action thriller Looper, time travel will be invented – but it will be illegal and only available on the black market. When the mob wants to get rid of someone, they will send their target 30 years into the past, where a “looper” – a hired gun, like Joe (Joseph Gordon-Levitt) – is waiting to mop up. Joe is getting rich and life is good… until the day the mob decides to “close the loop,” sending back Joe’s future self (Bruce Willis) for assassination. The film is written and directed by Rian Johnson and also stars Emily Blunt, Paul Dano, and Jeff Daniels. Ram Bergman and James D. Stern produce.
- Emily Blunt Nominee for the 2012 Critics' Choice Award for Best Actress in an Action Movie
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt Nominee for the 2012 Critics' Choice Award for Best Actor in an Action Movie
- Nominee for the 2012 Critics' Choice Award for Best Action Movie
- Rian Johnson Nominee for the 2012 Critics' Choice Award for Best Original Screenplay
- Rian Johnson Winner for the 2012 National Board of Review Award for Best Original Screenplay
- Winner for the 2012 Critics' Choice Award for Best Sci-Fi/Horror Movie